Monday, July 21, 2008

It's too quiet!!!

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted anything, and there's been quite a bit going on. Since the 4th of July, it's pretty much just been Jeff, Lily and I. Kaylee and Jake have been gone to Bentonville and Cyrena has been staying at her Mom's. Luckily while Kaylee and Jake have been up there, our old church, First Baptist, had their VBS, and Jake got to go, and Kaylee got to help out. They apparently had a great time. Everyone was home this past weekend, and Nana and Papa also came to visit. Our house has gotten pretty crowded, so we've been watching for a bigger house and Jeff just happened to come across an ad in the paper for one. When he and I went to look at it, we knew immediately it was the perfect one for us. It's literally right behind Jake's school. In fact, it's so close, he could walk out the door and be in class in less than 5 minutes. And it's over 2000 sq. ft. (we've only got close to 1400 here). We're planning on moving in this weekend, thanks to the help of Nana and Papa, who are going to be making another trip down here to help us move.

Jeff and Kaylee are gone this week on their Mission Trip to Cincinnati. I've talked to them several times, and it sounds like it's already starting out to be a great week. I'm so glad that he was able to go with her. I will have them post pictures and some updates when they get home. In the meantime, if you want to see what they're up to, there's a link on our churches website with daily photos and updates. Just go to http://www.sbcconway.org/ and look for the link.

My job is still going great, and I still LOVE being in Conway. Lily is doing great at her daycare, the teachers just love her to death, and it sure makes me feel better as a Mommy to know that she's being loved on when I'm not there.

Speaking of little Miss Lily, she's is growing like a weed. She has really found her "voice" and loves to see how many different sounds she can make. She's got squealing down to an art form, she gets herself all worked up trying to talk to me. I just melt when she gets going and smiles her big toothless grin. I don't think it will be toothless for too much longer though, she's drooling like crazy and chewing on everything she can get her "fluffy" little hands on (Kaylee says she's fluffy, not chubby). That's another thing she's doing now too, reaching out and grabbing ahold of anything that gets close to her. I just can't believe how much she has changed so quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday she was a tiny little newborn, and now she's doing so many new things. Like rolling over - it's offical, she can roll over now. She still gets her arm a little stuck, but she can get from her back to her tummy with enough determination. And she even did it at her daycare today. Oh boy, we're really going to have to watch her, soon she'll figure out how to get from her tummy to her back and then she'll be rolling around everywhere!!! One of the first things I'm going to do in our new house is baby proof as much as possible. That is one of the nice things about moving now, I can baby proof AS we're moving in, rather than trying to baby proof after everything is already in place.

Kaylee will be getting started with Volleyball the first week of August. I'm really looking foward to getting something going, it feels like we've had too much down time. A little is fine, but I start to get antsy for some activity. I still can't believe that she's in her last year of Junior High (they call it middle school here, but that still sounds weird to me). She'll be in HIGH SCHOOL in just one more year, UGH, can I really be that OLD?????? She's very excited about being the top dog at school this year. She's also been spending some time this summer working with Grandma Crass on sewing. It's something they can really have a good time doing together, goodness knows she can't learn anything about it from me, I can barely sew on a button. I'm glad that Grandma knows so much and enjoys teaching her.

Cyrena got her ears pierced, YAY!!! We've been trying to get her to, she loves jewelry and I kept trying to bribe her into doing it by offering to buy her new earrings. Now she's ready to go shopping!!! We're looking forward to her going to school with Jake this school year, since we're going to be living so close we've decided to transfer her. Now, she'll be at our house every morning and afternoon. Girl scouts will be starting up again soon, get ready to buy some cookies!!!

Baseball will start up again this fall, and Jake is really looking forward to it. He sure can throw hard now, it burns my hand to play catch with him. He really wants to give pitching a try, but he's still got another year playing with the pitching machine. Jeff wants to start working with him next year to see how he does. That way he'll maybe be ahead of the game. I'm so glad that he loves to play, because we all LOVE baseball, it's one of our favorite sports. Jake is really looking forward to 4th grade, because that will mean that he can play football (something Mom isn't too anxious to get started on). He's already one of the biggest kids in his school, so I'm sure he's got the size for it.
We hope that all of our friends and family that read our blog are doing great and we look forward to seeing everyone soon!!! Have a GREAT summer, try to stay cool.

No comments: